Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
<giggles uncontrollably>

The last time I saw my abs, I was about 14, maybe weight 115, and was just diagnosed with the diabeeetus. Blood sugar was in the 1400 range, and I pissed every hour, on the hour, 24x7x365. Insulin is a horrible drug, second only to food.
I hear you. I grew up in a diabetes household...although both parents were Adult Onset.

But my dad was a professional boxer and always looked in shape. But once he had to start taking slin and he still kept up with his old eating habits...he went downhill in a hurry.

He finally got on a decent diet, but even now it's still a struggle for him. The cravings are worse, and if you don't time your dose and food practically perfect...your body will always end up trying to store as adipose tissue.

If he had better control of his diet, he could rely on a faster acting and faster clearing form of insulin. But he basically uses it as a crutch to make up for dietary mistakes.

Not saying that's your case as you seem to be very active and in tune with what you need to do....but you still have issues with what I have read and you are on top of it as good as anyone I have seen with Insulin Resistance.