05-10-2020, 12:20 PM   #124
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I couldn't agree more my friend !
My car is Silverstone II . That's metallic paint . But like I said I park her always in the shadow anyway .

Regarding the heat waves : As you know my job at the company is all about injection molding .
The hotrunners of our injection molding systems are running with a temperatuur between 335° and 400° "Celsisus" !
Imagine the heat during the heat waves at the company . Last year we saw temps between 45 and 50° Celsisus inside the company !
The AC we didn't felt anymore . Every hour we got 10 min. extra break .
I drank +/- 4 liters of water at work , came home a drank everything what was cold of my refrigerator !
And I peed only once in 10 hours ...
So...It was not funny anymore . I'm already afraid from what is coming this summer !
Your good to use a mini car for work and have your M safely in the garage away from the sun rays. It's a tight fit in my garage so sometimes I have it outside with a lightweight car cover over it for the M to protect from sun secured by closing boot lid on the end, door mirror ties and the front wraps under the front edge nicely.
I have just also treated all the rubber seals on the M with Autoglym rubber and vinyl treatment and the CLK too. The tyres get a dose of Simoniz silicone spray.
I must say you have a healthy bladder after drinking all that water!

Last edited by M5Rick; 05-11-2020 at 01:37 AM..
Appreciate 1