Ivan Ivanov
Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: X1, X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Fair question. Lets look at a few facts:

Fact 1: Russian energy minister Novak has said that politics should not enter into these discussions about planned Russian infrastructure expansion.

Fact 2: Russia plans to double their annual natural gas output to over 100 billion cubic meters per year potentially flooding the EU market and making it difficult for domestic EU competition.

Fact 3: Russia has routinely frozen natural gas deliveries to parts of Europe.

Fact 4: Russia has a history of punishing their own territories and states with excessive rates, and, not to mention, deadly military action.

Fact 5: With numerous violations of international law, Russia annexed Crimea from the Ukraine and restricted flow of NG to the region, murdered innocent civilians with their military interference in the Crimea, and, among other things, meddled in the US elections of 2016 ó (all of which Russia has denied).

Opinion: Facts 1: typical Russian deflection statement, naive too;

Opinion: Facts 2 through 5: Russian political interference, divisiveness , oppression and coercion on sovereign nations, particularly those in the eastern sector.

Is it surprising the west is imposing economic sanctions by invoking provisions of CAATSA?

Is it any wonder why countries donít view Russia as a reliable nation to deal with?
I am grateful to you for such a detailed argumentation in this discussion, but now I'm not trying to discuss the entire history of Russia for the past 100 years, I never received an answer to the question - what does the US have to do with it?
Once again - Russia and Germany (mostly) are building a gas pipeline from Russia to Germany. Do you think Germany is stupid? Germany itself can not solve this issue (without the US)?

PS ...no, according to your arguments - you yourself started )))
According to your fact 5, please specify:
How many civilians did Russia kill with the bloody annexation of the Crimea? Well, maybe I do not know something, you probably have accurate data, maybe even a list of these unhappy civilians? At the same time please specify how many years the heroic defense of the Crimea lasted, after which it was evidently Crimea and was captured by artful Russian troops?