View Single Post
      03-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #112
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Yes, you are. A "identical" replica would have all the exact same features, performance of the original but cost 10% of the original... if it is exactly the same, I don't see why I wouldn't buy it. Maybe it's a rip-off but it'd be the performance bargain of the century!

But as I mentioned, you can't compare a car to a watch. The car, if you add up even just the parts costs, has way less margin than a luxury watch. So as I said, you can't use your car analogy to compare to watches.

A $10k watch probably costs no more than $1000 to make. Yes, R&D costs add up.. but a lot of the mechanicals are the same for the past 50 years or more so the R&D is well paid for. Basically, you are just paying for the badging.
Yes I am what?

Since you would have no problem buying fakes, counterfeits, and replicas we have nothing to argue. You're fine with it and I'm not. I'm not here to change your mind and you're certainly not going to change mine. it's an argument nobody will win.

BTW - any replica may have the same physical attributes of the original but it by no means needs to meet the same performance standards or tolerances of an original. Even generic drugs don't have to meet the same criteria of the original.
Appreciate 0