View Single Post
      03-27-2015, 10:10 AM   #22
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

When I was 17 years old, I had been lying in bed for a few minutes when I had the feeling I was being watched. Very odd sensation, but I looked up and out into the hallway figuring it was my mom. Instead, for the briefest moment, I saw the image of a tall young man with a huge smile. I had no fear, no anxiety, nothing. It actually made me smile in a way. What was really neat is that my dog at the time always slept at the foot of my bed. Immediately after I saw the image, my dog got down from the bed and walked to the door and looked around. Seeing nothing, she went back to her spot on the bed and presumably tried to get to sleep. This dog would bark at *anything*, yet not so much as whimper. It was so odd.

In the morning, I woke up to find my mom and dad at the kitchen table and my dad was obviously consoling my mom. With tears in her eyes, she told me her father (my grandfather of course) had died last night of a sudden stroke.

Fast forward to the funeral where pictures of my grandfather's life were all around. Believe me when I tell you that for the first time I saw a picture of him when he was young, probably early 20s, and the image in the photo matched precisely the image I had seen in my doorway that night earlier in the week.

I pulled my mom aside at the funeral and told her what I had seen, and it was amazing the transformation it had on her. She was extremely close to her father, but after I told her what I had seen, she felt so much better and was able to deal with the situation with not sadness, but happiness. I personally believe my grandfather appeared to me that night for one simple reason, to make his passing easier on my mother and to not be worried about him, that he was OK.

Whether or not I actually saw what I saw, and whether or not there is an existence after this mortal coil, what happened helped my mom to cope with the passing of her father. I think that's a great thing.
Appreciate 0