View Single Post
      02-28-2016, 12:36 AM   #235
hardr85
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i e90

I just saw this thread for the first time and felt compelled to post.

Some of these may have been covered already, don't have time to read all of them.

1. Gym equipment is not furniture! It is not a place to sit and have a conversation, or send texts, or look at the internet. If you ain't working, get the f@%# off.

2. When you do heavy dumbbells, when you are done, don't drop the Fu@#&ng weights on the ground. I used to do this too, until I had a 50 something year old gym owner, who said, "if you have to drop it, then you can't handle the weight". He is right. When you get to the bottom on the last two, rock the weights forward and push up, the weight will pull you up. Sometimes you have to drop it, don't be the douche who drops it so everyone will look to see how much weight you were holding. I say holding because nobody was looking until you startled them with a loud noise, you probably didn't do one rep, you just dropped them for attention, don't be that douche!

3. If you have less than 300lbs on a bar on any lift, and you grunt, or scream, or make any loud noises, you should be asked to leave. I should say if you ever make one of those sounds, but sometimes it helps to get the weight up. I am changing it to 400 or more on bench, and ,500 on squats.

4. I saw this mentioned, but it can't be said enough. The people who put a shit ton of weight on squats or leg press and move it about 4 inches, what are you working, you knees? People who do heavy curls and look like they are Fu@&ing the air, are you doing curls or trying to work your core?

I could go on, but those are the big ones.
Appreciate 2