03-04-2016, 09:41 AM   #239
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
No excuse. I lift the same numbers, if you don't believe me I'll be home in April, I'll meet you in any gym in Texas, in May I'll be in Florida, you can watch me, no throwing or dropping.
If you're dropping on the last rep, probably too heavy, you need a spot or you're muscles are too fatigued or tired.

I grew up lifting in Military gyms, you throw weights you get yelled at so you learned to handle your weights, unless you're in the crossfit section then buy all means, hold them over your head and release them from two meters up.

I wil say that I don't mind a grunt here and there, if you're really working that is normal. But I don't do such heavy weight with such little reps, t's an injury waiting to happen and not the best way to build muscle. So yes different perspectives, which is why you're perspective as a gym goer whoever you are shouldn't interrupt other's workouts. Gym's pretty empty at 0300 am, might be a great time to go and throw weights and yell(not talking specifically to any one person).
Of course I believe you can do these numbers without dropping, if as you exactly said, if it's not too heavy or fatigued. That's the key thing, still trying to eke out some gains. Honestly, I've probably plateaued. Hence the grunt usually only on last rep or two on heaviest set. Usually only grunt if I have a spotter so I can goto failure for the heaviest lift. Or, on a Smith....which I only use for shoulders.

Might be back in D May. Still rehabbing after surgery.
Appreciate 0