03-07-2016, 12:22 PM   #240
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Of course I believe you can do these numbers without dropping, if as you exactly said, if it's not too heavy or fatigued. That's the key thing, still trying to eke out some gains. Honestly, I've probably plateaued. Hence the grunt usually only on last rep or two on heaviest set. Usually only grunt if I have a spotter so I can goto failure for the heaviest lift. Or, on a Smith....which I only use for shoulders.

Might be back in D May. Still rehabbing after surgery.
Let me back up a sec. After rereading my own post I think I came off like a douche. Didn't mean to sound like it was a challenge. I completely understand a little grunting and heavy breathing on the last few sets, that is to be expected when pushing yourself. As far as dropping weights, let's just say it's best for everyone that you control them as much as possible.

Take a look at Arnold's Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding if you haven't. It is what I live by. If you've plateaued is only relating to your routine. I don't believe you need incredibly high weight to build muscle, but if you want to be strong, power lifter like, then that's something else.
Appreciate 2