View Single Post
      07-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #102
deeLow
DOPE
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
A healthy 2,000 will be a pretty significant amount of food, but you can fill quite a bit of it with the yams/rice. You'll need the carb intake to hit your numbers, which isn't a bad thing as a significant amount of your caloric intake should be from carbs. The lean meats don't tend to amount to much at all. How frequently are you eating or what are your feeding patterns like?

Pre-workout supplements have never done anything for me, and even caffeine has little to no effect on me (..and I wish it did because graveyard shifts are slow), so I'm probably not the best person to offer advice on that subject. I've found that most of them to seem to be placebo for me, but then again, I'm a special case. Caffeine is a true stimulant though, and I'd recommend that you try it in its condensed form. I have a buddy who uses pure rock caffeine in very small doses.
I work late graveyard too, very early AM if you want to call it that, 2AM till done. So I usually eat at about 3:30 AM (wawa chicken steak hoagies or whole wheat bagel + cream cheese unless I pack something), again usually around 9/10 AM (typically egg whites + cheese on whole wheat unless my SO makes a spiffy breakfast that I can't resist), and then lunch around 12-2(nothing special just a little of anything really), and again dinner(mostly rice/potatoes/chicken) around 5:30/6 before I take it down for the night. I could easily squeeze in some PB sandwiches for snacks or a pasta meal. I love raviolis so I may have to grab a couple bags at the market.

This thread has got me motivated to go all in with my nutrition goals.
Appreciate 0