08-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #48
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
If you're eating meals throughout the day like you're supposed to, your body will be prepared for a workout. One suggestion would be to have a approximately 80-100g of a high-glycemic carb (something sugary - fruit juice, etc) immediately following activity to replenish glycogen in muscle. An hour post workout follow up with balanced meal. Balanced for each individual is different. Read about Metabolic Typing. It is an emerging look at nutrition for the individual. The days of the one size fits all diet are over. No one person is identical; one man's food may be another man's poision and lead to imbalance in the body.

I would avoid supplementation all together. Our ancestors did not supplement, therefore, you should avoid it. Supplements have not been around for a long enough time for our bodies to know what to do with them. Due to there being zero regulation in the supplement industry, there is a ton of bullcrap products out there loaded with sugar, artificial crap, and fillers. A higher power put what we need to survive on this planet; it's all we need so use it. Man made stuff is the suck.

Another note, is to not go over an hour for any of your workouts. I would cap the number of times I have activity in a week to 5 times. Stressing the body too much does nothing but put it into a catabolic (wasting) state due to excessive levels of cortisol (a very powerful hormone) so please don't exceed an hour on your workouts.

If you're serious about getting better,you may consider listening to the CD series "You Are What You Eat" by Paul Chek. Chek's book "How to Eat, Move, and Be Healthy" is also excellent.

I used to run for more then an hour, almost 2 hours. But I dropped the time to only 40 mins.
Appreciate 0