Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
What's a good point to stop cutting?

I started at 180 lbs, 17% BF and am now at 171 lbs after 4 weeks. Maintained most of my strength but definitely feel smaller. It was necessary as I got rekkt in the fall and winter from a lot of travel and subsequent weight gain.
Honestly....it depends on where you want to be at. That's where an extra pair of eyes come in....from an honest friend, etc. What's your BF now? If you've maintained strength...then your doing it correctly. I would continue cutting until I saw a distinctive change in strength levels.

My limit in the off season is 12%. I carry my bodyfat evenly distributed, so at 12% I have a "4-pack" and the line of my obliques showing.

I think everyone should get to at least 10% or less at least once, then you can set your bulk / cut schedule according to that. The first time is the hardest. But when I'm in a gaining mode, I make sure all I can physically pinch is subcutaneous fat.

With me...12% in the winter and around 7% in the summer. I feel like you should always be within your preferred lean look with only 6-8 weeks of dieting.

You're going to feel smaller....everyone does. I always feel smaller when cutting, but often get told it looks like I'm gaining weight or putting on more muscle.

It's an illusion and a mind game for sure.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9698.00