View Single Post
      05-03-2020, 03:13 AM   #2206
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
This is my first go around with calisthenics. It is absolutely kicking my ass. I'm still figuring things out. I have noticed my recovery time is a little longer than when lifting weights. I did chest, back and shoulders yesterday and feel like I've ran over this morning.

I remember telling the girlfriend, the last time I went to the gym, that I felt like I was doing something wrong. My shoulders and arms never really got sore no matter how hard I worked them at the gym. After using gymnast rings and parallettes for the past month, that has definitely changed.

I've finally progressed on the parallettes to where I can do a hand stand on them. Now I just have to work on balance so I can hold it. Once I get that down, hopefully by the end of the week, I'll start working my shoulders by doing inverted shoulder presses.
Nice. One of the biggest benefits I’ve felt since doing calisthenics consistently is an increase in appetite with less digestive problems, and more energy throughout the day. Only difficult body part to overload with calisthenics are the legs. Doing a high volume of leg workouts to get them worked isn’t sustainable. Takes too much time.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00