View Single Post
      11-05-2019, 10:38 AM   #1416
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Yeah I mean to each their own, I am in all support of gear that is used correctly or needed. I'n your case you're using it to keep progress moving even though you're handicapped, which is respectable. Fact of the matter is majority of the time that gear is not needed and the person is just out here trying to look the part because they saw some bloke on instagram wearing cool looking gear.

With lifting straps I think you do a disservice to your forearms. With wrist supports I think you weaken your wrists over time, etc, etc. Now some people actually need the gear, i.e. bad knees/elbows/wrists. But when I see a young bull waltz into the gym and wrap his knees and lace up his power lifting shoes to squat 185lbs it grinds my gears lol.

And at the other end of the spectrum when I see people actually moving some weight the supports and straps don't even cross my mind. Because they're being used as they're intended to be.
Exactly! Seeing a guy that weighs 240 with a belt on to curl 35 pound dumbells always cracks me up.
Appreciate 1
JP102463.00