Fast.F10
Extruding Elements
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5 Comp

Garage List
2016 BMW M5 F10  [0.00]
Who gets (cluster) migraines?

Going back to the late 80's, I was out with my family and I got my first cluster migraine. I thought I was having a heart attack or about to die...never knew of migraines. My symptoms (but not always) start with fingers going numb, then vision is affected with auroras, and then things do not make sense. What I mean, if I read a sign for example that shows Florida...it doesnt equate in my brain as Florida. Over the years, I have tried to log my food/liquid intake, tried many different drugs to prevent and also maintain them when they occur. Most either did nothing or made me throw up; not a pleasant thing to occur when you have a migraine. No my protocol when I feel one coming on: At work, inform my supervisor, lock my office doors, turn off the lights, close the blinds, put phone on DND, and lay on the ground with my pillows/blanket to try to fall asleep. If I catch it early, I head home if I feel I can make it safe; 30min drive...end results, my day is shot and am worthless to do much until the next day. If at home, now since I am a legal card holder, I slam a few cups of coffee, take a few vape puffs, and lay down to fall asleep. Most of the time (knock on wood), within a few hours I can function; head still hurts...but can manage. So for my medical card..I am thankful. My REAL worry is if I am ever by myself out somewhere and I get one. I have flown a few times to other states by myself and this is always in the back of my head lingering if I am going to get one. Most doctors say its my eating habits while others say it stress. Honestly I dont buy either theory. As my eating habits are no where near the same as to when I was in middle school. Nor while on vacation am I stressed. Wish I could figure out my trigger. My mother/father/brother have never gotten a migraine and I just pray that my son never gets one and/or has them like I do.
  • Do you get migraines?
  • How do you deal with them?
  • What is your trigger?
  • How long have you been having them?
2006 BMW M5
Appreciate 0