Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs1985
he was suspended for 16 games
12 regular season and 4 playoffs
that is one of the tougher suspension when you look at my list
also
how would you feel if you did soemthing wrong and your and the court change their law to stiffer punishment at the moment you go and make you an example ?
is that fair ?
is that just?
so just because he is Todd Bertuzzi he should get punish harsher?
comon
look at the big picture
take a step back
and use some sense
First off, don't start insulting me by saying 'use some sense', that's a surefire way to get this into a flamewar. You asked, I told. The simple line is this:

Bertuzzi intentionally tried to injure a player (in retaliation for another cheap shot is completely irrelevant). He succeeded. He BROKE HIS NECK and ended his career! How can you possibly forgive that? So, yes, to answer your questions, it would have not only been fair, but been just, to have Bertuzzi also end his career on his OWN actions. Is it fair that his victim should have his career ended but Bertuzzi gets to keep on playing and earning crazy pro-sports money?

Don't even TRY to justify it as fairness. There is no justice in this situation, there is no fairness. Bertuzzi got off easy, plain and simple.

You like the guy, want him on your team, that's cool, but don't come in here and try to convince folks the way you've convinced yourself. What if he wasn't on your beloved Canucks but, say, instead on the Rangers? Would you be so gung-ho over him still?