Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4CP SO

Garage List
2014 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
The thing is, I was able to find recommendations for protein intake from almost every source I went to. The only place that protein intake wasnt even mentioned was in Stephen's 1983 trial.

The 160lb lean body mass is taken from the Average Weight of an US Male is 196lbs and average body fat percentage is 18%, so that is what I went with. It is also right about where my measurements come out to.

As to the point of protein, generally the foods found in Keto diets are protein packed foods (meats). Even Bacon, which is the preferred food of every Keto'er i know, has an almost 1:1 ratio of fatrotein.

Will say Keto Flu is real though. been ketoing since friday and not even close to feeling 100%. My gym experience yesterday made me feel like i was gonna die.
The average might be 196lbs, but there's no way they have 18% of body fat. Just look around for a lean person and check their weight. Dunno what you guys are made of, but lean people I see around are 130-165lbs and still carrying about 20% body fat. 196lb/18% would make an average american look like a bodybuilder.

Yes it's typically meat, but all it takes is few spoons of fat on top of your veggies to get into the right macros, because it packs so many calories. I also wouldn't say bacon is preferred, since it's processed meat and lot less healthy than fresh meat with some added olive or coconut oil.
Appreciate 0