06-09-2020, 04:11 PM   #52226
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so figured this thread would work. Had some new neighbors move in a few weeks ago. A little older then my fiance and I, but share similar interests (working out/golf/drinking/they're also engaged). They're a great couple, and have introduced us to their friends and we've all hit it off.

Anyways over the weekend he sent me a text asking us to join a small christian pre-marital group... Wasn't expecting this at all based on our previous get togethers. I was raised catholic, and attended catholic school for 9yrs. So I feel like I have a solid grasp on the religious aspect of it. With that said, I am not interested at all. We are not overly religious by any extent, only attend mass during special occasions etc. The whole idea of this sounds a little brutal to me.

How would you handle the situation? I responded to his texts basically saying we would play it by ear, if the time works out we will see about going. But every part of me wanted to respond with a flat out "no thanks". Do you think they would be offended in any way if we were not to partake? Like I mentioned above, great couple and we have an awesome time when we hang out together. But this wasn't something I was expecting. *sigh*
Maybe tell him you appreciate it, but you are currently fine with the faith you were brought up in. Hopefully he won't push the issue.

But I will warn you...being from the South....they can be pretty persistent. At that point I treat it like taking a bandaid off....quick and direct.