04-23-2021, 08:26 AM   #19
smrtypants44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
I get it. I could never keep my car if I had to drive it in sport mode all the time. Don't get me wrong, I use it when I want to be able to move exactly when I want to move, but driving with it in sport mode during normal commutes drives me nuts. Far too sensitive and jerky - but I like having it when I want it. I know a lot of people drive in sport mode all the time, but it's just taste.

I LOL'd at you talk about the voice control as I think my F15 voice control is terrible and have stopped using it. I had a Ford Sync system prior to this years ago and it was head and shoulders above my F15 even though it was many years behind it. I used it daily for music control and HVAC control and it worked almost flawlessly. My F15 is like talking to person speaking another language. I was bitching about it on a trip and it became the trip joke with my friends that we would ask it something and see how off it would be. One day it didn't get a single thing right. Not one. It's horrible for anything except "Call XXX" and even though asks you so many questions to get there - it is easier to use the wheel and HUD to be there in 2 seconds.

If Porsche is worse than this - I can't imagine! But I learned to live without it as so many other things are better about my F15 (driving experience - which is why I bought it) that it was a compromise I was wiling to make.

Sounds like you are not - cut your loses while you can and save yourself a few years of more frustration.

my $0.02 anyway.

I don't know what idrive version you have but voice control in my ID6 '17 F32 is excellent, better than anything I've ever tried.