10-05-2022, 03:38 PM   #3
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixhunter View Post
I prowl the forums alot and everyone seems super blown away by the BW system with many of you rejoicing it is available again.

I love good music but have to admit I'm not much of an audiophile, I have spent too many years without ear protection at the front of concert venues blowing out my hearing (while having a great time!) so I struggle to hear the difference between hi-fidelity "lossless" audio streams and regular old streams, and generally can't tell the difference between "good" and "really good" speakers. I can tell the difference between "crappy" and "good" though.

For all of these reasons, I decided to go with the HK, I'm still waiting and allocation, and have considered a couple of times changing my config to BW but would love to hear from those of you who have the HK if you are happy with it, any regrets?

I know you BW owners are going to tell me there's nothing else that matters in the universe and it's the most amazing thing ever, so put yourself in my ears for a moment, worth it?
The only person who can really answer that is you. Listen to both if you can and decide. Based on what you said above, I'd say keep your money.

The B&W is great. Significantly better than the B&W in my X5 to my ears. I wasn't able to order my car with it though and am getting the HK instead, which I haven't listened to as of yet. Reviews I have seen on YT have said that the HK is very good as well.
Appreciate 0