Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Most of the reviews were before the recent updates that made I-Drive faster. Also, many of them have very little seat time in their test cars.

Easy. I've worked on PCs all my life and do it for a living. Everything in OSX usually just, works? Plug in a USB device, it works right away. Plug in a printer, hey it works. If you need to install drivers, it's much more simple than Windows. If you need to find a file, hey "Finder" finds it in 2-5 seconds. Try finding a file on your HD in Windows. It could take 10+ minutes if you have a big hard drive. Viruses? No problems in OSX. Help feature? OSX > Windows.

The PC world is enormous compared to Apple/Mac. In the PC world, you have hundreds of vendors making the same product. You have different motherboards, chipsets, soundcards, video cards, mice, printers, etc.. Since there are is so much different hardware that has to work together, you have more potential for hardware conflict. In the Apple world, everything is pretty much controlled. There are only a handful of products available for your PC (other than peripherals). Options are definitely nice, but when you can control what hardware goes into your computer, you'll run into less incompatibility issues.

I can go on and on about this forever but I won't. I will make these statements, I still like PCs. They pay the bills, I am in IT for a living. However, I do like my Macbook Pro/OSX better than my Windows machines (I have several and do get my hands on the latest and greatest due to my line of work). I am no way an Apple fan boy, my line of work doesn't allow me to be.

If I were to buy a computer for someone who doesn't know anything about computers, my future child, w/e, it will be a Mac.

That is a biased statement though. Therefore Mac is not more user friendly.

It just works? Sounds like you are walking billboard there. Guess what if Windows is maintained properly and proper software is used it can work seamlessly aswell.

Searching? Ever used Vista? Get a copy and then let me know. I am not trying to protect Windows. Shoot I could care less. But people attack Windows with things that are just wrong. Sure windows has some issues but it has a huge market.

Also you like the fact that you are limited hardware wise? Any IT guy would love to have choices.