View Single Post
      07-13-2007, 08:35 AM   #81
TahoeOG
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

I don't want to say i hate windows, but the truth is, like stated above, they need some service packs... And even after that it's to valnurable to catching virus or anything else. And updating the computer with drivers, and last but not last.. it just seems like it's a immitation of mac... So why not go with the real Os. It's obvious most of the added "new" features added in windows is very mac like. Maybe not exactly but pretty much in the same ballpark.

Windows has done a GREAT job taken everyone to the future with Window's 3.11 - 95 - 98 - Me - 2000 - XP..... But really they have a huge market due to the fact that... Ummm.... There was nobody else out there who can compete. It's like they found the island first and capatalized on it. Great for them. Now there is competition. Mac is not the small time os anymore.. Now they make great Os and computers.

If you are happy with windows there is no argument here. But everything should give other os's a try. It's like owning a cell phone provider... You have options, and windows users are very close minded.... REALLY CLOSE MINDED. I mean if you have cell phone provider you can go from sprint and if you don't like there service, go to at&t and if you don't like there phones go to verizon, and so on. You have choices. Just like cars, phones, clothing, you have options.

I believe windows users have been to used to using only windows they are lead to continuing the spread of myths regarding macs. Fact is, NO there are other Os's out there. Mac gives a great competition to the PC.

When i see the commercials of mac vs pc guy, i don't look at it like someone mentioned here on the forum "who would you hire the guy in the jeans and shirt, or the guy in the suite?" I look at as a metaphore in a way. to me it means, you do'nt have to be all suited up and uptight to perform a task on the computer. Meaning you don't have to be this serious tie choking the neck person to do a word application. The guy wearing jeans and stuff, he can do the same tasks and without the need to be all uptight about it.

I'm happy with my mac, and if anything i'm trying to help a member out letting them know, don't be so closed minded. Go try the mac.. And by that i don't mean click on things and get frustriated... but "ASK" questions... know the basics, and chances are you will think it's a cool Os that can help you perform all your tasks, without the headach

GL
Appreciate 0