View Single Post
      08-20-2015, 01:20 PM   #6
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I like the BB too, but happiness isn't something I can quantify in expressing why I don't like choosing mid-range watches. That the BB runs about $2.5K and lacks a chronometer grade movement and the Seamaster and Constellation run about the same price and are is what I can quantify.

Whether I or anyone needs chronometer certification is a different matter. I don't really believe anyone does. All the same, if I can get it for $2.5K from maker A, then I expect it from maker B if they too want $2.5K for their watch.

It's only that sort of measure-for-measure kind of comparison that irks me about the mid-range. As far as there being lovely watches in the mid-range, well, there are many. And I like many of them, until I start wrapping my head around the objective details or the discovery experience. That's when I decide I'll spend a lot more or a lot less, and let the mid-range piece stay on the store shelf.

All the best.
It was $3.5k... You can find used ones for $2.5 though. For the same price I could have gotten an Omega with a co-axial movement as you mentioned. I just liked the BB style more.

I have the blue version on bracelet. The leather strap one is available for $2.5k new from grey dealers.