08-22-2015, 07:08 AM   #19
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
I guess I just wouldnt consider those watches new then. Its like if you buy a 2013 M3 with 0 miles, is that a new car? No it's an old car that is unused. Same with the watch for me. It's an old watch, just unused.

I guess it just depends on how you use the word "new". Im thinking of new vs old and you are thinking of new vs unused. When really the opposite of used is unused, not new.
I look at in if the thing comes with (or is eligible for) a new watch, car, appliance, etc. warranty, it's new and my expectations are in accordance with that. If it comes with a used watch, car, appliance, etc. warranty, it's not new, and again, my expectations of how (how well, how long, how reliably, how long before service is needed, etc.) it will perform/serve me are in line with that.

I don't go to a department store and refuse to buy a garment because it's last season's version. I am no different with other stuff. If I expressly want the current version because I care for some reason, then it's a different story. I didn't get the sense from the OP's OP that s/he has any preference re: this or prior season's version of a watch that otherwise looks performs the same way.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0