View Single Post
      02-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #24
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

If you're into video fidelity or call yourself a videophile, to not have any of your screens you use for serious viewing, is doing yourself and your screen a dis-service. The 9G Kuro picture is very good to start with. But having the screen ISF calibrated just takes it to another level. It's literally spoiled me for what the mainstream would call the best picture they've seen from a TV. Once you have a screen dialed in, you'll quickly see issues with other screens which haven't been calibrated.

Having my 141FD calibrated has actually saved me money over the long term as I haven't had one urge to upgrade. Nothing currently available has provided a better picture or if it does it's only marginal in my opinion. Not enough to make me want to ditch my 141FD and spend the money to get into a new TV.

A somewhat similar analogy is you wouldn't use a 5.1/7.1 system without doing a basic sound level/distance configuration. Why would you do the same with a TV you've spent good money on?

If you decide to get an ISF calibration make sure you get references or the person has a known reputation. If you frequent AVS Forum, D-Nice and Chad B are two ISF calibrators with a well respected reputation. D-Nice (Dewayne) did the ISF calibration on both of my Pioneer screens. He spent 4 hours on my 141FD and about 2 hours on my 1010HD.
Appreciate 1