Quote:
Originally Posted by spool twice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerBiz View Post
I like the i4 M50!!!

What's the RWD bias rate on it?
front motor is 258PS with a 8.874 final drive and a 1:1 gear ratio

rear motor is 313PS with a 9.347 final drive and a 1:1 gear ratio

....side note, a few things I noticed, there is a shot of the M50 with LC activated, but also not actived, but the M3 Comp X-drive shows not activated, yet they are very similar.

the M50 isn't the EV you are used to seeing, it literally has a flat powercurve from 8000-17000rpm...

In other words, the m50 is NOT an EV to be associated with a drop in top-end power but rather a flat wave of power that sustains beyond its electronically limited HP rating.

I actually thought the M3 x-drive Comp would have trapped higher in the 1/8 mile, but seeing this result from this test and others reinforces to me that the M50 will actually trap 124-126 mph in the 1/4 mile considering other factors.

or in other words, split the difference between an X-drive and RWD M3/M4 competition.

The M50's power apparently spins the wheels a bit, this thing will be a "monster" with just a grippier tire swap, and reasonable agile for its weight to boot according to a test driver who compared it to other performance EV's
It's nice to see a i4 M50 with the Standard 19" wheels. The demonstrator I drove, and most of the cars in other reviews have the wider 20" performance wheel and tyre set.
So, what is faster. Lighter wheels to spin or more grip to go?
I ordered with 19's for range… 50 miles loss going to the more grip of the U.K. 20" performance option. Also apparently larger brake rotors. But, more rotational mass for sprints and more unsprung mass for handling… But, BMW U.K. markets this as overall advantageous. So, potential to go faster in this configuration?…