View Single Post
      03-04-2019, 12:18 PM   #2
Garretjd
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyplus View Post
Hi
I am considering a 2017 Protonic Red i8 that a dealer has available.

Now that it's been around for a while, what are the views on the colour.

Is it excessively flash, (not that it's easy to be discrete in an i8 anyhow) or does the car look worse / better than the "standard" colours.

Reading the launch information, it suggested it was a special multi-layer paint finish, but is that really the case.
If so It does not really show up in photos. Plan to travel to see the car some day this week.

My neighbour has a Sophisto Grey and it's the only car I see on the road that I ever want...
Otherwise no Protonic Red locally (Dublin, Ireland) so it might stand out a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyplus View Post
Hi
I am considering a 2017 Protonic Red i8 that a dealer has available.

Now that it's been around for a while, what are the views on the colour.

Is it excessively flash, (not that it's easy to be discrete in an i8 anyhow) or does the car look worse / better than the "standard" colours.

Reading the launch information, it suggested it was a special multi-layer paint finish, but is that really the case.
If so It does not really show up in photos. Plan to travel to see the car some day this week.

My neighbour has a Sophisto Grey and it's the only car I see on the road that I ever want...
Otherwise no Protonic Red locally (Dublin, Ireland) so it might stand out a bit.
I say go for it if you like the colour. There are too many grey (mine) and white ones around. I might see you round as I am Dublin myself/living in Laois!
Appreciate 0