View Single Post
      04-11-2020, 05:40 PM   #7
krokodil
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionicsilveri8 View Post
Just take the plunge - I'm on my second i8 and like you, couldn't think of anything with the looks, speed and economy. Besides which, I have relatives in Lincoln and I live in the SW so that journey just flies and is extremely comfortable. Sadly, were not currently allowed to do these trips at the moment!!

I am almost certainly going to take the plunge!.

Im not even a fast driver but I love a convertible. My miles are low, about 5k a year ( we have other cars for running around ).

Initially I looked at a Peugeot 2008E with 200ish miles electric only range. It really nice inside, drives nicley and the Gt version has the nice toys. But its not a convertible and at £34k new, and its residuals showing £14k at 3yrs old its a £20k cost over 3 years. I reckon the 2008 i8 roadster at £65k probably lose about the same over 3 years and me adding 15k miles to the already 5k its showing. so for the price of depreciation of a small Peugeot Electric people wagon, I could run an i8 instead albeit with slightly higher insurance and road tax. And have an awful lot more fun in a completely different kind of car.
Appreciate 0