View Single Post
      07-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #21
BigT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: I12 i8 Coupe / I01 i3 120Ah

Altough it's an intermediate step in the growing car innovation wave, the i8 will remain a milestone in that story. The design looks still so much fresher than what we see with the new 8er, which looks so old scool and heavy like it is in fact. Absolutely nothing thrills me on this car.

But let's be positive and imagine a smaller version of that dynamic i8 beauty, similar to the 2er or 4er series. The reliable technology is here, I make use of it every day and it's the 2014 state, already four years old.
The next step that follows now will outperform the old technology yet much more and at least in my country polls show clearly that the majority of the people wants to move to PEV and PHEV as soon as possible.

The problem is, that a big major change to PEVs will have also a deep impact on the actually very large supply industry, where many components will no longer be needed. Cylinders, valves, pistons, gearboxes, exhausts, catalysators, tanks, water coolers, rubber tubes and all the other stuff that affects your pocket during your conventional cars lifetime. Silly situation...
Appreciate 0