View Single Post
      08-11-2022, 09:25 AM   #122
Raille
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 (hopefully this year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
I think you're being optimistic. The administration are hiring thousands more IRS agents. $7,500 is no small amount to be giving back to its citizens. They obviously can't audit everyone, but I do believe this will be looked at very carefully.
I don't doubt the IRS will be expanding either. I'm thinking more from an auditing perspective. I see two main things triggering a filing review. One if your claiming a credit on a car that appears out of your reported income that could be a good area to focus on and then on BEV's that wouldn't otherwise qualify under the new rules.

I would focus more on the former scenario as that's possibly a bad faith claiming a credit you don't qualify for while for most of us it's a question of did our order prior to the bill count as binding to the degree we should be grandfathered in.

If someone believes their BEV should qualify they are more likely to have their CPA's legal support defend the tax position which would cost the IRS more as well. Of course it's all conjecture and I personally am risk adverse, but am waiting to see if there is any guidance that helps settle the question better. It's one of those time's I wish my CPA specialty was tax and not auditing.
Appreciate 1
Haywood3100.50