08-11-2022, 02:33 PM   #131
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Here is the Transition rule in case it helps:

TRANSITION RULE.—Solely for purposes of the application of section 30D of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, in the case of a taxpayer that— (1) after December 31, 2021, and before the date of enactment of this Act, purchased, or entered into a written binding contract to purchase, a new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle (as defined in section 30D(d)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as in effect on the day before the date of enactment of this Act), and (2) placed such vehicle in service on or after the date of enactment of this Act, such taxpayer may elect (at such time, and in such form and manner, as the Secretary of the Treasury, or the Secretary’s delegate, may prescribe) to treat such vehicle as having been placed in service on the day before the date of enactment of this Act.
You are correct.
I downloaded and read the information.
As long as there is a contract. I'll say that in California dealers will comply with the state law first and I would assume the IRS will have some leeway to determine compliance in the state you live in.
You need the VIN to file, bit it does not say that the contract needs to include a VIN.

So I'm now confident for the Fisker Credit since we entered I to a really binding contract in July for a Fisker Ocean One.

I have asked my CA for a contract stating I have 2 days from notification to close the deal on my car or else they can sell it to anyone. He hasn't responded.

I have my credit application approval, term sheet and VIR. From March 2, 2021.
I also have an email chain supporting the docs.

We shall see.