View Single Post
      01-03-2020, 09:01 AM   #9
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by core22 View Post
I started streaking after shoulder surgery in 2018 as a way to keep fit during my recovery. I loved every mile of it but stopped the streak after day 528. It consisted of a minimum of 1 mile per day, unbroken. Most days I hit 3 or 4 miles per run, and completed the 1st 365 days exceeding my goal of 1200 miles, and when I stopped the streak after day 528 I had 1604 miles under my belt.

During the last 3 months of the streak I got more into CrossFit, and eventually it took the priority over running every single day. I still run, but something had to give as I needed to begin looking at recovery days. It was the hardest decision I ever made, to stop the streak, but in the end it was the best decision too. I ran a 10 miler and a half marathon during the streak, and I'm registered for another half this April. Still running just not daily.
That's one hell of a streak! Congrats on achieving that! While not due to a long streak, I also realized that as I am upping the mileage I have to start training other ways as well. I'm in the gym now in addition to the running to help develop a better core (and also not look like a beanpole - ha).

I figured I'd start streaking this year and see how long it goes. I don't anticipate it will even be 31 days - 500+ is sick!! Anyone else?