View Single Post
      07-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #66
JET500
Rep
Drives: BMW M760Li

Lazer lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilum View Post
Peggsy and I have been keeping each other posted with the latest.

But for the benefit of others on here, cost of lazer lights in the UK has been communicated as being c. £8k!!! (Yes, you did read that right - 8000 UK pounds!, i.e. over $13k!!!)
BMW are asking i dealers to canvass customers who have placed i8 orders who is interested in spec'ing these. At that price and on the basis that I'll rarely often use them (as the lazer section of the light is only in the main beam, not normal headlights nor side lights) I've said I'm not interested (as have most other customers that I know of).

As for PI affecting build priority, this does seem to be the case, but feedback seems to be that BMW UK are trying to challenge this position. However, as my car isn't due for delivery until February, mine appears to not be affected by PI priority.

T
Can I ask where you got this info about the lazer lights, which UK dealer told you. I asked my UK dealer about this after seeing your post but I was told they have none of this information. I really want lazer lights but they are telling me they are not available. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Appreciate 0