View Single Post
      03-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #133
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Now that I have to say something about.. I worked at a pharmaceutical company. Generic drugs are 100% the same. Generics are drugs that the patent expired and so other manufacturers can now manufacture it. The FDA has all the formulas on file so they are the exact same drugs and everyone has access to the same manufacturing process and formulas.

As for the M3 copy you are talking about, if it doesn't have the same parameters as the original - I wouldn't buy it. You mentioned a replica 99% of people would not be able to tell which means it would be pretty much the same as I expect a 99% replica to have the same performance and build. My argument about the car is simply that Brand does not matter to me. I am not a brand whore. I didn't buy an M3 because I wanted a BMW - I wanted an M3. If that happens to be a Hyundai/KIA M3, then so be it. It'd still be a great car.
Wrong. They are not the same and if you worked in pharma you would know this 100%. Their adverse event profile aren't even the same

I too worked for a pharma company (a little $56B company called Pfizer) before moving into Medical device. The only thing a generic pharmaceutical company needs to guarantee is the active ingredient is the same. Everything else: stabilizers, drug delivery, and mechanism of action, metabolism are not regulated.

Your argument as to why you would buy it is not the point of the argument or the thread. Based on your posts, you would buy a BMW M3 regardless whether it was made by BMW or someone else who has no regard for trademarks or patents that essentially is telling you it's the same

Like I said, we have nothing to argue.
Appreciate 0