RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-NYC View Post
Wrong. They are not the same and if you worked in pharma you would know this 100%. Their adverse event profile aren't even the same

I too worked for a pharma company (a little $56B company called Pfizer) before moving into Medical device. The only thing a generic pharmaceutical company needs to guarantee is the active ingredient is the same. Everything else: stabilizers, drug delivery, and mechanism of action, metabolism are not regulated.

Your argument as to why you would buy it is not the point of the argument or the thread. Based on your posts, you would buy a BMW M3 regardless whether it was made by BMW or someone else who has no regard for trademarks or patents that essentially is telling you it's the same

Like I said, we have nothing to argue.
Ok... enough with the internet chest thumping... I worked at McKesson which is the largest heathcare company in the USA. Fortune #14 and sales over $120B yearly... with generic drugs as the largest growth in profit.

Generic pharmaceuticals are equivalent to brand products for all its active properties, forms, dosages etc. and it is highly regulated. No one buys the brand product after the generic is available! I'm not a pharmacist so I can't speak to the actual differences between drugs.

We are way off topic...
I don't want to get too far off topic but since when are generic drug manufacturers become "highly regulated"? Compared to what?

Generic manufacturers are immune to liability because it's assumed it's the same as the branded counterpart when it's not.

The only reason generic sales continue to be relevant is because of health insurance and formularies. Formulary or not, I only buy branded drugs and my scripts are DAW branded for my own health and well-being. Generic drugs are not the same thing and there is plenty of objective research done to prove it.
Appreciate 0