Thread: 328i or G35S
View Single Post
      11-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #43
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

I have one of each: 08' e90 335i 6MT and an 08' G35s 5AT.

Advantages/disadvantages:

1. Power
Of course it's not a fair comparison between the 335 and the G35, but in your case the G35 will have a huge HP advantage. Between the 3 and the G, it's actually very close. The G, although far down in torque, doesn't "feel" that much slower although it's probably a 1/2 second difference. The G compared to the 328 is quite a disparity.

2. Handling
The G will out handle a 328, assuming the 3 has no zsp. Between the 335 and the G, of course the 335 handles better and feels more connected. One thing to remember is that the G (s model) has a VLSD, while no 3 other than an M has one stock.

3. Styling
I've come to love both, but it's subjective of course.

4. Price
With the massive rebates on the remaining 08 G's you can get, it's a no brainer. You can probably get a G for thousands under invoice, while the 3 you'll be lucky to get anywhere near that.

5. Interior
The seats in the G compared to a non sport 3 will be superior. The leather is nice, seats are supportive, good leg room, good back seat room (more than the 3), larger trunk.

Sure the G37 has more bells and whistles (higher price to boot and not as great incentives), but between the two you're considering, the G is a better vehicle.