View Single Post
      05-16-2019, 11:19 AM   #511
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

So I got through all of the festivities this weekend, and started my diet Monday. Nothing drastic, just a small calorie deficit to test the waters and see where I am at. That will allow me to start dialing things in as my diet progresses. Weight was slightly over 208lbs, so I'm almost 10lbs heavier this year at the start than I was last year.

Dropped my intake down to 3000 calories a day in a 40/40/20 split with carbs/protein/fat. That typically works well to get down to about 8% bf. After that if I want to go lower, I start manipulating carbs and carb timing.

But I plan to let the mirror dictate how things go, and not rely so much on the scale. Last year I went a little too extreme. I got lean as hell, but had everyone questioning me if I was sick or something as my face had started to take on that "sunken" look.

But I am excited as I had to wait much longer this year to get started. About 3-4 weeks in is when I start seeing decent physical changes, and eventually get to a point where you see something different every morning you get up!

Plus since I'm an "all in" type of guy, my workouts really ramp up in intensity when dieting. Plus being a little on the OCD side, I'm glad to be back on my program 100%.