06-03-2019, 02:15 PM   #572
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Sounds like things are coming along man! Mirror, and just like you mentioned the way your clothes fit is a tell tale sign 100%. Over the last few weeks I went from being snug in some of my shit to absolutely swimming in them. Literally on the last notch on my belt and things aren't slowing down lol. Need to go out an buy new shit, but like I've mentioned in the past I am "frugal" to put it lightly haha. Don't get me wrong I hop on the scale every now and again, but only when I am feeling very lean to almost confirm the way I have been feeling. Usually the numbers are in agreement with the mirror/clothes.

I train my abs, but not so much on my obliques, they seem to grow faster then my other muscle groups and I'll start looking like a box lol. Usually only body weight movements for me though and I do mine in a quad-set without breaks inbetween each set and movement. Like a rapid beatdown prior to my workout.

High carb/protein while staying on a strict calorie count has always left me feeling great, feel like I can run through a brick wall even when I'm on just a few hours of sleep. Keep after it man!

Yeah....a few more weeks of this and then the random looks and comments at work start up from the old ladies who thinks my face is looking too gaunt!

Just got to do like you said and not get caught up in the scale. Last year I got almost to 6%, but I was over depleted. After a few days of eating junk, I filled out and looked better 3 days into our vacation than when we first got down there.

My abs are still pretty thick, but it allows them to show at a higher body fat percentage. But they are coming in nicely, and I got veins starting to show in my lower obliques and quads!