Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
I watched the start of the race onboard with Bottas a million times and I can only say that he's either the dumbest driver on the grid or he's instructed to let HAM win. P2 in Spa (as in Sochi) is the best place to start. Seb in 2018 started in P2 and he knew that you lift on Raidillon then you push starting the top of the hill. This way you get the best tow and you pass before Les Combes. Yesterday Bottas kept pushing through Raidillon then he lifted at the top of the hill which compromised his run down the straight. Why would he do that???? In 2018 Seb and the 2 Force India (or whatever the fuck you call them) did it, the result was Seb passed Ham and the two pink cars defended well against the rest of the pack.
Go back to 2017 when HAM kept VET off his back for lap after lap. By forcing the following car to slow down on the climb to Raidillion, which HAM did lap after lap to VET, the following car is compromised on the Kemmel Straight.

On the start, HAM had wheel spin which allowed BOT to gain slightly. As they braked for LeSource, made the turn and accelerated again, HAM had wheel spin which caused BOT to lift slightly. This made all of the difference in the world as they completed the climb to Raidillion and down the Kemmel Straight just as in 2017. And no one lifts at Raidillion...the compression from the G-Load actually bogs the engine down for everyone.

BOT has no orders to let HAM win. It's a bad trope.

Cheers-MK
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50