View Single Post
      08-31-2020, 11:21 AM   #307
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
I watched the start of the race onboard with Bottas a million times and I can only say that he's either the dumbest driver on the grid or he's instructed to let HAM win. P2 in Spa (as in Sochi) is the best place to start. Seb in 2018 started in P2 and he knew that you lift on Raidillon then you push starting the top of the hill. This way you get the best tow and you pass before Les Combes. Yesterday Bottas kept pushing through Raidillon then he lifted at the top of the hill which compromised his run down the straight. Why would he do that???? In 2018 Seb and the 2 Force India (or whatever the fuck you call them) did it, the result was Seb passed Ham and the two pink cars defended well against the rest of the pack.
i watched as well and after turn 1 Lewis defended by moving to the left and Bottas had to lift.. looks like on the footage that lift (actually looks like 2 lifts in a flash) killed the momentum more than he thought cause its clear that he wanted to have perfect gap for max slipstream at the right time but he couldnt reach Lewis at the end of the straight..

and more importantly.. take a look when Bottas used the overtake button presumably cause he presses something 1-2 seconds before he s been blocked by Lewis.. and he used that button again in the beginning of the straight.. Lewis didnt used it until the straight and unfortunately because of the camera angle we cant see where exactly Lewis uses the overtake button.. another chance Bottas blew actually in short..