Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaffari46 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaffari46 View Post
I'm not an automotive designer but my understanding is that an electric car give more freedom of design to optimize the space utilization of the car. I think bmw failed this mission both in i4 and ix, i4 has that stupid drivetrain bulge in the back seat and ix has less cargo room compared to a gas engine x5.
And yes, none of these cars have frunk.
Remember one of the selling points of Tesla s was you can throw your bike in the trunk? That's not gonna happen in these BMWs.
Changing the weight on front wheels is not a good idea. Tesla designers aren't "car designers" so they're not aware of this fact.
Exactly why a Porsche sucks to drive. You put too much weight in the front trunk and the balance is off.
Porsche designers are not car designers so they're not aware of this fact.
Then probably you don't need to be a car designer to make a great handling car, I hate to say this but my 50k Tesla 3 is more fun than my "well balanced " m5 on a twisty road.
Prep your flame suit
Welll, all of us going to drive an electric car in 10 years (if not sooner). Winners are who choose the best products.
That's not true. I'm still surprised that people still think that everybody's going to be driving an electric car. Have you been to Los Angeles? Have you seen how many apartment buildings we have here that are not capable of electric charging stations? Have you seen how many small businesses do not offer stations? A future of electric cars is simply a dream right now. Electric cars are a luxury and only people with money can afford them. Both cars and stations to charge them. Let's get this electric car utopia idea out of peoples heads.
It's not utopia. Mercedes is gonna be fully electric by 2030, bmw is going to be 50%full electric in 7 years, china mandated 40% electric car import by the end of this decade. The technology moves much faster than we think.
I hear you, believe me I love the vroom of my M5, but the wind of changes is coming.
Appreciate 0