Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E36 View Post
That's not true. I'm still surprised that people still think that everybody's going to be driving an electric car. Have you been to Los Angeles? Have you seen how many apartment buildings we have here that are not capable of electric charging stations? Have you seen how many small businesses do not offer stations? A future of electric cars is simply a dream right now. Electric cars are a luxury and only people with money can afford them. Both the cars and the stations to charge them. Let's get this electric car utopia idea out of peoples heads.
I wish that the two could just co exist and whatever is more comfy for people would win. But today you cant discuss without the idiotic identity politics or abusing people's anxieties. Hate what this debate has become.

Id love to have the Taycan for daily and 911 for fun weekend and a diesel X3 for road tripping and grocery duties in winter and not have to justify my choice to any brainwashed neighbour or co-worker who likes to virtue signal. And I think 90% of people think the same way but they are shut down by the load minority who seem to pollute everything on social media and aplify their voices.

FWYI I live in Stockholm and whole city streets would have electric parking spots, and there are more build, and they are not always full. So it is manageable but it is not a solution for country side. Sweden , which is on the leading edge of EV adoption has all ambulances still today running diesel. Tells you what real choice is made when it comes beyond politics and green lobby nightmare.

And I think EV should be forced on Taxi drivers, city delivery scooter, rental fleets in city, and busses and trucks. THey pollute by far, they area always moving. Personal cars are standing 90% of the time so they dont pollute at all in relative terms (2.5% of all CO2 from private cars). So I hate that this issue of the ignorate is now mainstream problem, when it isn't.

Car companies are always forced to adopt. They now prioritised all production due to chip shortage to EVs. THey can avoid paying large fines on CO2 this way. And EV is more money for them. IN part they offload some cost to tax payer (tax credits). In part, theyll still charge you huge dealer hours for any repairs and warranties. So they just adopt and make great money doing it. Thats the number one reason we will go EV, it is MORE profitable to build EVs now, Tesla showed it. In 5 years all major car companies willl have as many EV to ICE ratio but in the reverse of what it is today. 5 Series will be all EV, plus M5. POrsche will have all cars EV, except 911 Hybrid. Etc etc.

The biggest lie is when car companies tell you EV is gonna be cheaper to service to get you to buy it. Whose skill will cost you more - a grease monkey or Youtuber who self taught himself, or an IT guy with laptop who has to fix your expensive EV? You know the answer to that. Car dealerships will keep their margins by hiking labour for fixing your car.

Last edited by Tallest; 12-24-2021 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0