MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
While it has not been officially confirmed, the manual transmission is all but sure not to return in the G42 2 Series. Other than in a few low end four cylinder applications (which are not available in the US), the S58 is the only engine BMW will pair with a manual transmission from now on.

The B58, on the other hand, appears likely to make a return in the G42. There are rumors of an M245i which could mean a B58 TU2 is coming.
I guess I'll have to go for a M2 at that point UNLESS they slap the same ugly embarrassing huge kidney grill on it that they put on the 4s. The article claims, "Aesthetically, the new M2 is said to draw heavily on the M235i xDrive Gran Coupé for inspiration. The two are said to share similar front-end styling, most notably in the shape of the grille and headlights." Personally, I think the kidneys of the current get 2er/M2 are pretty much perfect sized. I saw the new 2GC in person and wasn't enamored with the larger grill. However, it didn't make me vomit in my own mouth the way the 4 grill does. With a longer hood, it perhaps won't look too awful. And having driven a new 3, I do have to admit that CLAR is not a bad platform. Just hope they don't make it too much bigger.

Last edited by MarkDemma; 03-09-2020 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25067.50
///M TOWN16074.00