View Single Post
      03-29-2021, 10:03 PM   #66
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
I was disappointed as well. The packaging also sucks. The standard wood trim is ugly and doesn't work with the leathers, so the only other option is carbon fiber which requires a $6,000 package ($8,000 on RS). Then any other seat but black is an extra $4,000 ($5,000 on RS). Also looks like the US gets screwed over again with options compared to the EU market. Pretty much forced into the black optics package (I prefer the body colored frame grill). Its really showing its Porsche roots with the pricing.

It will be very interesting to see how it sells as Audi typically doesn't have a strong high-end market since VAG doesn't want it to overlap Porsche.

Damn that really sucks. On the other hand looks like your patter of a new car every year may finally be broken. Hopefully they will eventually release some lower priced options, especially since the Taycan has them, and have a better options/package structure.
The packages are a little more limited than what the US gets, but the standard kit is a bit better (perhaps why the pricing starts so much higher). The RS GT tops out at almost $200k here!! That's stupid money...no thanks I'll gladly head over to Porsche and pick up a 911 and cram my kids in the backseat, and have enough left over to buy a Mach-E! Lol

I think this is the first time I won't mind if my yearly car purchase streak is broken hah. I've only put 1,500 miles on the RS5 since I got it in October, and if my job continues to be work from home, it'll have no mileage on it when I go to trade it in (it's basically a weekend car at this point...using the wife's Q7 to run errands). Anyways I was still just a little bummed seeing the pricing released today, but maybe the petrol gods are trying to prevent me from going EV
stein_325i25064.00