View Single Post
      02-10-2019, 02:20 AM   #52
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
Does Glendale PD or LA County enforce parking at the Galleria? Were the stalls marked head-in only?

The LA parking authority is a nightmare. They sent me a citation for illegally parking when my car was in Chico with me. I sent them a sworn affidavit saying I was at a fundraiser (attended by the chief of police, the sheriff and the district attorney, who would all attest that I was there). Denied.

I didn't get access to the photos on the website until after the appeal was due. When I finally saw them, it turned out the car cited was similar to mine, but it was different color and didn't have plates. The meter maid had transposed numbers on the VIN.

And why the hell didn't they tow the car? The dealer paperwork taped to the windshield showed it had been sold 18 months earlier!

I appealed the initial decision, adding what I had found when I got the photos, and they denied it again. I finally faxed all 60 pages of info I had filed to the mayor's ombudsman and they immediately took care of it.
Wow...I wish I had the time on my hands to care that much about a parking ticket. Wouldn’t it have been a far easier to pay it and carry on with your life?
Appreciate 0