View Single Post
      02-24-2019, 04:54 AM   #372
harris69
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1997 M3/4, 1984 533i,1997 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Everything the guys have said above me is correct. It's sounding to me like you are getting in a "rut".... and that could be where most of your problems like. Just because you go to the gym doesn't mean that your heart is in it.

I see it day in/day out, same people who never miss a day, but just go through the motions....and they look and perform the same year after year. Don't let this happen to you!

I think you need a "radical change" in your program. Maybe pick a weight that's 60% of your max and focus on building reps up. Try to never leave a week where you don't at least progress some.

It may be just the thing to ignite that spark again.

I went through something Similiar at about 40....early mid-life crises maybe along with work stress. I spent almost an entire year of maybe averaging 1-2 days a week in the gym....half-assed everything, and just got out as quickly as possible.

At the same time, I just dropped my diet altogether and kind of ate what I wanted, when I wanted. During this time, I lost 37lbs. Now I'm a naturally lean person, and I looked like a skinny kid with a swimmer/gymnast build.

But I was looking through some pics my wife found of me when I did my first bodybuilding contest, and it flipped a switch. I also had/have a great training partner that stayed on my ass.

When I made the decision to go back, it lit a fire in me and I couldn't get enough of it. Plus it helped that my body had carried a lot more muscle in the past, and muscle memory is real. It was hard at first, but after a month it was like love at first sight again.

I was seeing changes weekly which just fueled me even more. And since I had already been there and done that, I made quick progress and then even surpassed my old self as I was watching my diet much more closely.

Long story short, you have to find a way to reignite that fire because to me.....you sound more like your burnt out than anything.
Yep! I agree...also, my diet although good is still not geared for building alot of mass. And you are absolutely right about stepping back and taking a different approach to spark the interest. I think consistency is more important than pushing big weights all the time. Also, now that I have done just about every routine under the sun I am more interested in for the long haul.

Probably sounds like a bunch of excuses but I can't afford to get injured, and definitely can't afford any time off due to injuries. But hopefully soon I will be giving Nsuns a shot.
Appreciate 0