View Single Post
      11-30-2017, 11:56 PM   #21
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Had a huge post, took a break and used some other apps, came back and the app had to load from scratch, losing everything. I hate iOS memory management.

tl;dr - Posting here instead of front page thread since those are always filled with trolls. The reveal didn't have too many surprises, but also no real disappointments either. I didn't hype myself up for a power boost, I knew it wasn't coming. I also didn't set my expectations too high for hard top, although I really really wish it had one.

I think the design looks amazing. No top works so well for this car. The flow behind the seats looks incredible. I love the lower rear deck as a result of incorporating the convertible top. The new hood vent was a nice surprise (for me).

The seats look like a nice improvement, didn't know those were changing. The pillar badging seems cheap and unnecessary. I think you know it's a roadster given the obvious soft top.

The performance boost is obviously offset by the weight, resulting in the same numbers (but an improved coupe). I would just get a tune again and call it a day. Would still be nice if they really unlocked the potential of the eDrive. The updated HUD is also a nice addition. I don't believe I read about that ahead of time.

All in all I think it's just about what I expected. It looks fantastic with the top down (even more so with the doors up for show). Not so great with the top up, since the fabric really sticks out against the futuristic lines of the car. The compromises for a convertible in this seem fairly minimal, and thus it still holds as a strong contender for replacing my current one next summer.