View Single Post
      12-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #43
Msizzle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Here is my input, I had a 720whp M6, then R8 with VF tune, and now an I8. I gotta tell you the I8 is by far my favorite, I will admit though I'm 37 with 3 kids and a career, my car meet days and street racing are over because i have way too much to lose plus no time. Do I enjoy speed and performance still? of course I do, but these days my car is like a rolling party for me and the wife. We get dressed, blast our music, car is a rolling celebrity, then pulling up to the valet in front of a nice restaurant is an event every time. As far as performance a few I8's have test in the high 3's for 0-60, its around town fast, its down shift fast, the instant torque is a different feeling. The car is of course not a rocket ship but will equal a base 911 or corvette around town. For some reason other than the wailing V10 sound I couldn't fall in love with my R8, the lack of tech in the gen 1 is horrible, I had a 2015. The car was kinda plain. Oh one other thing, after being spoiled with the butterfly doors and a carbon tub it will be hard to ever give that up. The mono coupe just feels so right. Im a guy that can afford any car I want up to 120ish and I chose this car, its an absolute treat to drive. Its crazy though, around my car guys friends its "oh you have an I8 now?" to the public ANYWHERE I go its "WOW YOU HAVE AN I8!!!" I was in Manhattan with it last week and it was out of control with pics etc, my r8cant sniff that. So to me the carbon tub,doors,looks,tech, and ok performance make it a supercar
Appreciate 2
fbuzila367.00