03-26-2019, 05:40 AM   #25
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Proportions of the i4 look spot-on perfect. I bet this looks better than any of the ugly cars being made by Tesla, including the new Y. Should be majorly functional and practical as well with the lift-back design. Very excited to see the final product.

And who said BMW is done with wagons in the US??? (Looking at you, iNext!).
I agree, there are many people toying with buying electric but are turned off by three things, firstly they want a good looking car, not necessarily a “futuristic design concept” secondly electric cars should not be at a premium, yes batteries cost but so do all the parts manufacturers do not have to fit in an electric only vehicle. Finally, the big one, the range on most electric vehicles sucks and Politicians are stupid, for electric vehicles there should be ONE charging standard (with selectable power levels) and everyone should be encouraged to install charge stations. Allowing Tesla to have Tesla only charging stations is flawed legislation.

In the U.K an even bigger joke is that we will not have enough power to supply homes in a few years time, let alone the thousands of compulsory electric vehicles. Still, U.K politicians are probably the worst in the world, too busy virtue signalling, social engineering and ignoring the wishes of the actual voters.

Last edited by MJE60; 03-26-2019 at 05:48 AM..
Appreciate 0