View Single Post
      10-20-2020, 06:59 AM   #9
macadamia9
XK Red 27 Technique
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G01 X3 M40i

Talking

If she's already "always" complaining, it's only going to get worse IMHO.

And as to why she was different after her friend said you were a good driver seems to me that she trusts and values her friend's opinion, but is still disrespecting you. Clearly, she does not share your passion for spirited driving.

And lastly, with your response saying that you were "afraid" you'd get those type of responses - it seems to me that you are trying to justify staying with her because you already feel something for her. I can say that I totally and completely love a woman named Beth, but cannot stand to live with her (we tried for 3 years from 2005 thru 2008) and she feels the same way. We are great friends still to this day, mostly because we do not live together (or in the same state, for that matter...)

I like dmatre's response as well - communication is a wonderful tool and you should discuss with her your concerns. If she gets upset when you are open and honest with your feelings toward her complaints, park her in the "friend" zone and enjoy her company, but look elsewhere for love.

I'm 54, was married for 10 years where I never did anything right, and my longest relationship has been with my 16 year old Chihuahua named Kong. He and I have been together since 2004. There is a lot of truth to the old saying, "The more I know women, the more I like my dog..."

I am happy, I am mostly healthy, I am employed, I own my own home, and I travel. I am happy to live alone. Why am I saying all of this? You sound young (at least younger than me anyway) and maybe have not gone through something like this before. I have. Actually, I have a couple of times. I was wrapped up in my feelings instead of what I knew was right. I'm not saying to ditch this woman. All I'm saying is it seems you have noticed a couple of red flags that tend not to change with time.

Bottom line: pussy is a powerful motivator. Kingdoms have been fought over and lost because of it for millennia. I guarantee there is a woman out there who shares your passion for driving, will respect you completely, will think you are sensible in your choices of routes to take when you travel, and will not "always" complain...

Good luck!

<casually drops two shiny American pennies on the table and sidles away...>
Appreciate 6
vreihen1615278.50
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50