01-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #153
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
Ya bro, almost same symptoms but mine includes diarrhea with blood and mucus (disgusting i know ). Since January (when i found out i have UC), it came back around april then i was fine till around dec 17th. I felt that it was gonna come back cuz your bowel habits changes. I don't know how i do it lolll, plus im taking meds and one of them is prednisone which is im not down for, i've been taking it for a while now which is NOT good!!
The worst part is that i have to go for colonoscopy every 6 months, NOT COOL!! Getting a camera stuck up your ass while you're awake and watching whatever is inside ur intestine in HD TV loooolll NOT FUN AT ALL!!!

I just hope the inflammation goes away soon, its gets annoying especially when i have to wake up couple hours early than i usually do for class cuz i have to go to the bathroom before i leave my house to go to class. ex. i have class at 8:45am, i would wake at 7am but now i have to wake up at 5am -_- and plus u lose tons of energy

For food, i cant even eat anything, no mcdonalds (or any fast food restaurant), limit myself to fried food, no diary products, no spicy food, no soda drinks (only water), there is more loll
my moms had UC for the past 6+ years and her entire colon is inflamed. Shes been in and out of the hospital a lot. Just got back a couple days ago where she found out that her body was killing her own red blood cells. Basically her colon is toxic and her body is trying to destroy it so her blood makes a lot of killer T cells. The problem with that is now she has autoimmune hemolytic anemia. AKA her killer T cells are destroying her own red blood cells and she had 1/3 the number of normal blood cells. She got a blood transfusion and within a month when shes fully healthy she will get surgery and have her entire colon removed. I feel your pain man. Ive been helping my mom fight UC since i was in the 8th grade. I even stayed back and decided to go to a community college locally so she can have me at home taking care of her. After this most recent visit to the hospital she decided that its been enough and she wants to get the colon removed. I wish you the best of luck with your battle and hopefully one day you will be able to live a normal life!
Appreciate 0